Information and Communication Technology Office (ICTO)
What do we do
Information and Communication Technology Office (ICTO) has offices located in Administration Building and Central Teaching Building, and provides general computing services to all staff and students of the University. The Office is organized to serve three main sections:
- Academic Computing and Technology Services Section (ACTS)
- To provide information technology (IT) facilities for general teaching, learning and research activities;
- To explore and promote the use of most suitable IT in the University;
- To adopt or develop IT systems that facilitate the management of teaching and living facilities in campus.
- Information Management Section (IMS)
- Provision of the development of the University core administrative information systems;
- Provision of the application and technical support services for the University core administrative functions;
- Maintenance of the infrastructure of core administrative information systems.
- Infrastructure and User Services Section (IUS)
- To provide IT and communication infrastructure for the University;
- To provide general office IT facilities and support service.
Vision and Mission
ICTO aspires to grow with the University in stature, academic excellence, and international recognition by constantly exploring, planning and using appropriate and advanced information technology to improve teaching, learning and research, as well as to streamline administration and workflow.
ICTO will maintain its leadership in information technology in Macau and will develop a digital campus to support all related areas of teaching, research and administration in partnership with faculties and administrative units.
- We will raise information-technology awareness and literacy among our staff and students to fully utilize our IT resources in teaching, learning and administration.
- We will provide professional and reliable IT resources as well as services to promote full use of our facilities.
- We will nurture ICTO staff in latest advances and open standards in all related areas of information technology to assist in the future development of the University.